Monday, March 19, 2018

Obsessed With Covers #46: Twice Dead, Give The Dark My Love

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P


So, here are the prettiest covers I've seen this week.

I adore this cover so, so much! The starry background is pretty enough to make me fall in love with it, but ghostly figure, the almost touching hands and the foggy image of the city at night, overlooking the water are all amazing details. The fog isn't typical, instead it gives the sensation of movement, and one of the hands seems to be almost transparent. I also love the font used for the title. The font kind of makes me thing of old, medieval books. I can almost imagine seeing intricate drawings surrounding the letters. I am definitely curious about why we're seeing the city at night. And why only certain windows and buildings are illuminated. It definitely seems a bit creepy, the way shadow and light are playing on the buildings. I need to know more about this book.

Twice Dead - Caitlin Seal


38910019

There is something appealing about this cover. Blue seems to be the main color in this cover art, with its various shades, and with the occasional black, white, yellow and green specks here and there. I am intrigued by how much light there seems to be in this cover, coming from the window and the lantern the young woman is holding, which seems to be in contradiction with the title. Or is it? I wonder if the young woman is saying goodbye to "the Dark", or if she's sending a warning under the guise of a declaration of love. She definitely seems to be surrounded by shadows, and the sea storm that we can glimpse out the window is definitely telling me that maybe this woman has something dark about her. I am very intrigued by this cover and I definitely want to read it.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...