Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Top Ten Books That Have Been On My TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl

I'm sure many people do this thing where they add books on their TBRs but either never pick up for whatever reason or they even kick them off completely. I know I'm very guilty of this practice myself. It's only natural, since apparently I have over 3000 books on my TBR shelf on Goodreads alone (let's ignore all the books that aren't on that list). Here are my Top Ten Books That Have Been On My TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read




  • The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger - I added this book after I saw the movie, when I was on a chick lit binge read. I haven't yet picked it up because I have so many high expectations, I'm scared of being disappointed 
  • Mr. Maybe by Jane Green - I honestly don't remember when I added this, but reading the blurb, I can tell why I wanted to read it. This book just fell through the cracks and was pushed back by my ever growing TBR and my ever-changing reading tastes. I'll try really hard to pick this book up soon.
  • The Princess Bride by William Goldman - I will be honest with you. I added this because of peer pressure. Everybody seems to love this story, and I just decided to go with the flow and add it on my TBR, with every intention of reading it. I just don't feel like reading it right now...
  • The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus - I saw the trailer of the movie adaptation, thought it looked kinda cool, and decided to read the book. Then I just...forgot about it.
  • Good In Bed by Jennifer Weiner - As with the previous chick lit books, I was trying to read anything in the genre I could get my hands on, then I kinda got overloaded and I moved to other genres





  • The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold - as with The Nanny Diaries, I saw the trailer, and wanted to read the book. Then as soon as I put it on my TBR shelf I forgot all about it
  • Code Blue by Richard L. Mabry, MD - Back when I was first starting my blog I also discovered Grey's Anatomy and Netgalley. Then I read the last two books in the Prescription for Trouble series, and promised myself I'd read the first two books soon. I'm going to pick these books up, because I remember loving the writing style of Mabry
  • The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks - I may be the only one, but I haven't watched the movie. I added this book because I wanted to read a Nicholas Sparks book, because everyone kept saying how the story is amazing, and because I enjoyed A Walk To Remember - both the movie and the book. I'll probably read this book soon-ish.
  • Sepulchre by Kate Mosse - I added this right after I finished reading Labyrinth, and while I'm still planning on reading it, I know I need to take my time with Mosse's writing style.
  • Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris - This book has been patiently waiting on my bookshelf for me to pick it up, mostly because I DNFed the previous book, when Eric went through a character change that I disliked. I plan on rereading and finishing this series this year, as part as one of my reading challenges, so I know I'll pick this book up and read it.
Let's talk! What are some books that have been on your TBR since forever? Why haven't you picked them up yet?

3 comments:

  1. I thought Devil Wears Prada boss wasn't so bad! After 20 years working for lawyers, I'd have taken time picking a gift I actually thought she'd like for her! lol Princess Bride is one of my son's lifelong faves. Nanny Diaries is a hoot!

    Lisa @ https://hopewellslibraryoflife.wordpress.com/2018/02/06/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-have-been-on-my-tbr-the-longest-and-i-still-havent-read/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read The Devil Wears Prada, but I did read other chick-lit books by Lareun Weisberger and they are a lot of fun!

    At one point I stopped reading Charlaine Harris's books... they are just too many!!!

    I cleaned my TBR last month and I have under 50 books there that I really plan to read this year. I was very strict when cleaning my TBR.

    Andreea @ https://cheekylines.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a lot of people mention The Princess Bride but I haven't read that either. I don't know. I've caught glimpses of the movie and wasn't really that interested?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...