Friday, October 4, 2013

Mini Review: Deeper We Fall by Chelsea M. Cameron

Author: Chelsea M. Cameron
Series: Fall and Rise #1
Publisher: All Night Reads
Release Date: January 12th 2013
My Rating: 4 cups
Source: NetGalley
Blurb (from Goodreads):


Two years after her best friend was involved in a car accident that caused a traumatic brain injury, Lottie Anders is ready to start her freshman year of college. Ready to move on. Ready to start forgetting the night that ripped her life apart.

Her plans come to a screeching halt when not one, but both brothers responsible for the accident end up back in her life again.

Zack is cruel, selfish and constantly rubbing what happened to her friend in Lottie's face.

Zan is different. He listens to her awkward ramblings. He loves "To Kill a Mockingbird" as much as she does, and his dark eyes are irresistible. His words are few and far between, but when he does speak, she can't help but listen.

The trouble is, Zan was the driver in the accident, and now Lottie's discovered he lied to her about what happened that night. Now she must decide if trusting him again will lead to real forgiveness, or deeper heartache.

This was a very surprising book. It made me want to cry and punch something at the same time.

I found myself liking Zan even though, like Lottie, I tried not to. He has a lot of pain, though you can understand why when you get to the end of the book.

I was so sad for Lottie. She was really struggling to move forward with her life, but at the same time she couldn't let go of her friend, Lexie. She also felt guilty a lot. I think she needed to move on and I can imagine how difficult it was to accept that the one person who could help her do that was Zan.

I hated Zack and I wanted to hit him many times throughout the book.

There were a few things that confused me a little, like Zan's willingness to protect his brother, but in the ned I think it was a great read and I'll definitely read the next book in the series.

I loved it photo Image10.png
Familiar waters photo Image19.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...