Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood

This one's easy. Harry Potter, of course. I won't repeat the reasons why (read the About Me section for the entire story LOL). I'll just say this: I am completely grateful to my friend from school who made me read it and to  J.K Rowling for changing my childhood and, in the end, my entire life (no, really!) and for helping me become the avid reader that I am today. That is all :D

Harry Potter Boxed Set (Harry Potter, #1-7)

What about you?

2 comments:

  1. How cool would it have been to have Harry Potter around when I was a kid? LOL. I remember when HP came out. I thought it was strictly a kid thing, until I saw one of my co-workers reading one of the books. And once I began reading I understood that HP was an all out full-fledged world wide phenomenon.

    As for favourite childhood book. Any one of the Judy Blume books would be my answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cool to have the books around as a kid, but I think the magic of the series is that it doesn't matter usually how old you are, you get to be a kid again while reading the books. Not many books manage to do that to me, sort of taking a time capsule and go back in time, at least for two-three hours.

      Never heard of Judy Blume. But then again, I wasn't exactly a big reader as a kid. Also, it is possible that she wasn't published in my country. We were mostly bombarded with the boring classics. Probably why I didn't exactly enjoy reading :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...